Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whangarei and Bay of Islands - An Adventure Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road


Drew and I both drove on the OPPOSITE side of the road. Actually, I ended up at one point driving on the right side for us (WRONG SIDE for them). Oops.

Whangarei Heads (which I cannot remember to pronounce correctly) was GORGEOUS - as you can see from the photo. We climbed up the summit (I need to exercise more), and we met some great people who showed us their house via binoculars. (They had skipped work to watch a yacht race.)

Then we headed to Paihia (Bay of Islands), which is a small, chill town with some nice people. And now, wine.

PS. The tiny computer had to be featured.

2 comments:

  1. How long are you on this trip lady?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not jealous...working on the 3 year plan is way more fun

    ReplyDelete